Aloe Vera or Aloe is a short-stemmed plant covered in leaves, native to Asia and used to subtropical regions and temperate climates such as the Mediterranean area. For many years now, we have known the many benefits it has for health, thanks to its vitamins, enzymes and amino acids, both in topical use, and administered orally.
At You Must Get Healthy, we take care of your health, your diet and your fitness. Sign up and start pampering yourself. Ask your medical consultant if you have any questions.
Aloe vera healing properties
Properties of aloe vera for the skin.
Topically aloe vera helps in the healing of wounds, in the healing of abrasions or in the relief of sunburn.
In addition, it reduces the inflammation of insect bites, relieves skin rashes, softens the skin of the heels, reduces the proliferation of fungi and herpes, reduces blisters by friction, soothes psoriasis, improves the appearance of the skin with acne, It conceals stretch marks, reduces warts, eliminates surface wrinkles, reduces dark spots by pigmentation, eliminates dandruff and acts as an exfoliant. Almost nothing. 🙂
Digestive properties of aloe vera:
Reduces swelling and discomfort and promotes digestion. In this case, aloe vera juice is recommended, with water and orange juice.
Avoid constipation problems. Because it improves, transit and prevents intestinal inflammation.
Purifying properties of aloe vera.
It favors the elimination of liquids and prevents edema and swelling.
Medicinal properties of aloe vera.
- It helps reduce cholesterol and triglycerides thanks to its composition in amino acids and acemannan, a mucopolysaccharide (components of connective tissue).
- Levels blood sugar, thanks to its content in polysaccharides.
- It regulates blood pressure because it contains germanium, a natural hypotensive.
- Stimulates the immune system thanks to its polysaccharides.
- It is relaxing, because it has anesthetic properties. That is why it is used to massage the body.
- Strengthens gums and enamel thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.
How to consume aloe vera.
Topically using the gel that comes from within the leaf itself. We explain how to prepare it:
Cut a leaf, remove the thorns, and put it in water 24 h. This will expel a substance called aloin (also known as barbaloin) that can be toxic. Take it out of the water and open the leaf on the sides. Extract the substance from inside with a knife. Mix with lemon juice and wheat germ that will give a plus of antioxidants. Beat everything to make a thick cream. Keep it in a closed container. The gel that comes out of the plant without mixing can also be used mainly as a refreshing directly on the skin.
In the form of juice or liquefied from the gel that comes out of its leaves. It is a very healthy juice with multiple properties.
Aloe vera juice properties
- It favors the maintenance of the bacterial flora.
- It helps to cure stomach ulcers.
- Stimulates the elimination of toxins.
- Avoid heartburn by improving digestion.
- It can help in the treatment of irritable bowel.
To prepare a juice follow these steps:
Cut a fleshy leaf, remove the thorns and wash carefully. Peel the peel or bark. Remove all the yellowish layer so that it does not taste bad. Reserve the gelatinous substance. Put the gel in a blender. Add some citrus fruit or its juice (orange or lemon) and some water if you want more or less density. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can sweeten it with honey if you want.
Learn the many uses of aloe vera and take advantage of everything it can offer you. In addition, you can gardening in best grow bags for the healing properties of aloe vera as medicinal plants.